Congratulations on your new job at Dakota Gasification Company! We are so happy to have you joining the co-op family. Here are some tips to help get you ready for your first day of work.
What time should I get to work?
Please report to Protection Services at 7:30 a.m.
What about dress code?
- Casual attire (jeans, t-shirts)
- No shorts or tank tops
- If your position requires steel-toed safety boots, you will need them the first week. Basin Electric will pay for them. Talk to your recruiter for details.
Where should I park?
Feel free to park in any undesignated parking space in our parking lot.
What will I do when I get there?
An orientation is being scheduled for you. Further details about your orientation will be provided to you as soon as they are finalized.
What should I bring?
- Bring documents to provide evidence of identity and employment authorization
- Social security numbers and dates of birth for any dependents or beneficiaries
- Banking information or a voided check for direct deposit
- Marriage license (if applicable)
What do people do for lunch?
Our cafeteria is available with reasonably priced meals. The cafeteria accepts debit and credit cards. There is an ATM available.
Or, you may bring your own lunch and eat in the cafeteria.
What day is payday?
Payday is every other week.
What about other benefits?
Benefits will be discussed during orientation, but feel free to take a look at our benefits page in the meantime.
Do you have information on my new community?
What is the policy on smoking?
North Dakota law "prohibit[s] smoking, including the use of electronic smoking devices, in public places and most places of employment in the state, including certain outdoor areas."
Basin Electric has had and will continue to have the following policy in place: "The Cooperative buildings are smoke-free. Smoking is permitted outside in designated areas only. The Cooperative supports a safe and healthy working environment and encourages all employees to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Where smoking is permitted, the law prohibits smoking within 20 feet of entrance."
Smoking in company vehicles is prohibited.