Dakota Gasification Company's cresylic acid is a mixture of all three isomers of cresol along with xylenols, ethylphenols, and other ingredients. It is a brownish-colored liquid with a phenol-like medicinal odor. Dakota Gas extracts its cresylic acid from the gas liquor stream produced during the gasification process.
- Dakota Gas produces up to 21 million pounds annually.
- Cresylic acid produced through the gasification process creates fewer emissions than when produced from cracked petroleum oils.
- Cresylic acid from Dakota Gas is used as a distillation feedstock to produce individual creosol isomers.
- Dephenolized cresylic acid is also used in its raw form to produce wire enamel solvent.
- Dakota Gas is ISO 9001 certified for cresylic acid as of November 2022.
Chemicals and Fuels (Phenol, Naphtha and Tar Oil)